Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Glimpse of the Future

My good buddy Dan came over today bearing gifts. First, a 'new' snowblower. I realize we haven't had any snow yet, but the old snowblower was in rough shape, no traction, questionable gear box... It was time.

In addition to the snow blower, he pulled three very large trash bags out of his truck and brought them into the house. Toys toys and more toys. Toys his 2 1/2 year old son Ben either grew out of or just doesn't use anymore. He suggested I go through them and throw things away that I didn't want. So I emptied the bags in the family room.... all of the sudden I had a vision of what a 2 year old could do to our house with access to all these toys. Take a look:
I really appreciate Dan bringing these over. Now we just need to find a place to store them for a year. This is just one more thing that makes having a child seem a little more real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house will not be the same for the next 18 years. Enjoy it to the fullest - it lasts such a short time.

Anonymous said...

I have Potato Heads for you!