Saturday, January 13, 2007

One last meal... not as good

I made a mistake. I was 'inspired' by a web post to make a chicken and stuffing casserole. It was to involve 4 basic ingredients... chicken... stuffing... cheese... and cream of something. Sounds like heaven if you ask me. So while I was in the grocery I picked up a box of stuffing, Stove Top, and saw a recipe on the back. It sounded easy, and may be something a little more appealing to my better half. The first picture is the recipe.

The recipe.

1. The ingredients. Not shown: Cream of Chicken soup and light Sour Cream.


2. They want a 1/2 cup of stuffing on the bottom of a 9"X13" pan?? What the heck good is that going to do.

3. So here I placed the chicken on the bottom, and then spread the sour cream/soup/veggies mix on top.

4. Here is when we start to have a problem. Where's the stuffing? All I see is corn and peas. Shouldn't they be covered in thick slab of yummy stuffing? Turns out there just wasn't enough stuffing to make a decent layer across a large dish like this.

6. It looks good, smells ok, but the lack of stuffing coverage is disturbing.

7. Overall this dish was ok, and Erika seemed to enjoy it. However, if you are looking for a stuffing fix, I would seek it elsewhere.
That wrap's up my day of cooking /kitchen cleaning. I have one more dish up my sleeve, but I don't really have instructions on how to make it... just my memory. Scary.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep those recipes coming!!!