Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday's Exciting Lunch

I don't cook. I wish I did. I just don't. I do make a mean stuffing though... that Erika doesn't like (more for me). Occasionally I get inspired by something I see something on TV or read on the internet and give cooking a shot.

On today's menu was a Chicken and Brocolli Ranch pizza.

Ingredients:
  • Chicken ( about 1 cup cooked chicken. It was one good sized breast)
  • Brocolli ( about 1 1/2 cups)
  • Fat Free Ranch
  • Whole Wheat Boboli pizza crust
  • a little pepper and a little oregano
  • Lots o' mozzeralla cheese. Low fat or fat free if you are a good doobie.


Step1: Cut up the chicken into pretty small pizza sized bits. Prepare to steam your brocolli. I used some EVOO to cook the chicken with.



Step 2: While the chicken and brocolli cooks (brocolli will cook very fast), heat the oven, grab the boboli and spread a layer of ranch out. Put a shmidge of pepper and oregeno just for an additional flavor.



Step 3: Pile on the brocolli and the chicken. Spread evenly. Yum!




Step 4: CHEESE!! Don't be shy.



Step 5: Cook for 11 min or so, and then accept all the praise that comes with making something this beautiful. It was pretty good to eat too.

It took 50 min from beginning to end to make it. It wasn't a very zippy meal to make. I think the cutting up of the chicken slowed me down. I'll make better time next go around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to try this one. Pizza in any form is a good thing!!