Sunday, January 28, 2007

Boy what a day!

Today was a big day for me (my wife too, but this is my blog). Today my wife and I went to the 'big ultrasound', accompanied by my Mom. This was was the appointment we were suppose to find out if the child we are expecting was a boy or a girl. Turns out, its a boy. A BOY! WOOHOO!! Obviously, I would be just as happy if it was a girl. Healthy is all I really cared about, but its not a girl. Its a boy. A BOY! How exciting.

Being a new Dad is scary. I'm sure it scares everyone. Dad. How weird is that? Most of the time time I still feel like a kid, so it is tough for me to imagine raising one. At least we know the newest member of the family will always have a playmate.

This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. Just a simple picture of me and the Snowman, I mean my Dad... sitting by a lake. I try to imagine what it is like to be a parent, and I realize there are not so glamours parts, diapers, them getting hurt/sick, crying ect. Its moments like this picture that I look forward to most with my son. Being with him as he grows and learns the world around him. Being there when he throws pebbles into a lake, making sure he doesn't tumble down the boat ramp. Moments like this make me very excited for fatherhood!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, you are so sweet! :) :)

Anonymous said...

OK You got Mom this a.m. What other pictures have you got? That was always one of my absolute favorites!

Anonymous said...

no kidding....you are going to be someone's father!? Still trying to wrap my mind around you being someone's husband. Weird.