Thursday, July 12, 2007

My name is Dave, and I play video games.

I keep my hobby of video games to myself. There is a stigma associated with playing video games, even though the video game industry is bigger than the movie industry and will soon pass the music industry in the amount of dollars that changes hand. And just about everyone plays video games in some fashion or another. My Mom plays word games, my Dad plays the Cruel card game (2Billion games and counting, Go Dad Go!) , my sister is an Animal Crossing expert on the Nintendo DS. Even Erika occasionally plays a game of Bejeweled or Mah Jong. I have a good job, I own a house, I have a wife, and I play video games.

Ok, now that I've defended my hobby that really doesn't need defending, I'm going to make a very nerdy post, and you will all need to forgive me. This won't happen very often.

I typically play my games on a XBox 360 or a very nice computer.

So here is my dilemma. Its a very exciting dilemma, but a dilemma none the less. This is a bumper crop year for exciting quality games for the Xbox and PC. For those of you don't know, hundreds of video games come out every year, most of them are crap.

Here is a list of games that come out before the end of the year (in no particular order).
Madden 08
Tiger Woods 08
Bioshock
Halo3
GTA 4
Call of Duty 4
Assassins Creed
Ace Combat 6
Mass Effect
NHL 08
Mercenaries 2
The Simpsons
Halflife 2: Orange box
Hellgate: London

Now these are just games I want. I usually don't buy a game unless I know its going to be good (normally I rent), and all of these games fit the category GOOD. Now do you see my problem? Its two fold, not only do all these games cost lots and lots of money (about $60 each) I don't have the time anymore to play all these games. So now I'm looking for donations to help me out, and babysitters to watch my child. Volunteers only please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any connection with your b-day coming up? I can take a hint....

Fuzzbee said...

Actually none of these games come out before my b-day. Most of them are in the Oct / Nov range.

Anonymous said...

HEY, AIR YOUR OWN DIRTY LAUNDRY BUT DON'T DRAG ME INTO IT!!! IF I WANTED THE WORLD TO KNOW ABOUT MY "PROBLEM" I'D GET MY OWN WEB PAGE...