Saturday, February 17, 2007

Where's there Smoke....

If someone asks you what your favorite day of the year is, most would probably say a holiday. Some would say a birthday or anniversary. Not me. My favorite day of the year is Burn pile day. The tradition started in 2004. My woods had several huge piles of sticks and debris I collected over the year and a half we lived at the house. I wanted someone to cart the debris away. My neighbor, Dick, told me just to burn it. I didn't like the idea at first, but it grew on me.

Jan 2004 - My first burn pile. A new exciting experience.


Jan 2005 - This is a nice moment - just me and my fire. You can see the large extra stack of wood behind me. I had a lot of wood to burn this year. Good times. Burned a hole in two jackets this year. Well worth it. Jan 2006 - this was a special year. We had a guest Follansbee join us for the burning. Dad and I had a nice time. It was very cold, but the outside temperture isn't much of a factor when you have a nice toasty fire going.

Feb 2007 - This year wasn't as exciting. A smaller pile. Erika wasn't around to take spiffy pictures. I wasn't even going to have a burn pile this year but changed my mind at the last minute. Next year I'm going to get back to my roots and have a huge pile. Bigger is better.

Come back in Jan-Feb 2008 for the next burn pile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have known Dave Time would involve lots of big fires. :) Hope you had a great time! I enjoyed the 4 years of pictures!