Tuesday, February 6, 2007

What's in a name?



Ever since Erika told me she was pregnant back on Oct 18th I have gone through a WIDE range of emotions. Everything from being terrified to being giddy with excitement. Personally I'm at what I consider a 'fun' spot. I'm very excited and I can't believe I have to wait till June to meet my boy. I'm reading quite a bit, browsing baby websites, looking at baby gear, and listening to experienced mothers (thanks to the mothers out there putting up with my questions). Its just a lot of fun for me.


The only thing that is not so much fun for me right now is the name shopping. We know he is a He, so that at least rules out almost half the available names. But how do you name someone you've never met. The only way to do it is to pick an arbitrary name and stick with it. You try to find a name that 'sounds' right and is excepteble to your significant other ***cough**HUNTER**cough***. But I can't find a name that sounds right for me. Either the name is already being used, we just don't like the name, or it doesn't sound right. A name is serious business. It is something that will be with them everyday of the rest of their lives.


Someone suggest taking names and putting them on an index card, and putting them on the fridge and just staring at them for a few days, see if any names stick. I think I may do that. Now to find some names we like enough to make the finals list.


At least the middle name has been chosen. One less thing to worry about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the middle name?

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I think you better discuss the name with the mother of your child.

Anonymous said...

Can I suggest...Jerry, Kramer, Newman, Kenny?

Anonymous said...

Okay I've been waiting to get to the name - how 'bout you post the name "Gunner" on the 'fridge and see how that fits. I'm sure you can guess where this name is coming from :>)