Thursday, June 14, 2007

Drew



As of 8:04AM this morning I became a Dad. Mom and baby are doing great. Baby is leaking all sorts of fluid. That can happen with a c-section, no tight tunnel to squeeze all the juices out.

I was in the operating room with Erika, and the anesthesiologist, Dr Potter, told me to stand up so I could see 'good part'. I saw Drew coming out butt first, but didn't see anything disturbing (like a big gaping wound in my wife). They finally pulled his head out and TA-DA! Drew!


I love this picture. He came out SCREAMING!!! He wanted to go back to the warm dark place he came from. That is Dr. Enegess holding Drew up for the world to see
He went over to the baby warmer. 10 fingers, 10 toes. He was perfect.


Right now, 3pm, Mom and baby are sleeping together. They are going to make Erika get up and walk in about an hour. I'm about to take a nap too. We didn't sleep that much last night.

More news to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!:) - becky

Anonymous said...

what an awesome photo of him "arriving"! so glad i thought to come here for an update.

huge congrats to both of you! you guys did good!