Monday, March 5, 2007

Turkeys and Robins

Chances are if you've been to our house, you've seen Turkeys. Wild Turkeys are a daily occurrence around here, and not just a few, but dozens. One day a couple years ago we had over 60 turkeys in our back yard. Usually there isn't that much traffic, but we see them enough that there isn't that 'wow' factor.

Throughout the day it isn't uncommon that Erika and I will call each other just to say hi, or tell each other something that happened ect. So today I was sitting in my upstairs office and as I looked out the window I saw 9 robins sitting in one tree. I had to share such a a wonderful harbinger of spring with my wife so I called her and told her about it.

Later that day she mention how funny it is that we get excited about a few robins in tree, but seeing a large flock of wild turkeys isn't worth a call anymore.

We do love our turkeys though, we probably take them for granted. I especially enjoy watching them when they are in the woods, it just seems more natural. Here is a picture of some of our turkey friends hanging out in the woods. We had a brief blizzard this afternoon and they just hunkered down and waited it out.

No comments: