Saturday, January 5, 2008

I see seafood!


Aunt Marilyn made this dish several years ago for Erika and I, I think back when we were 'vegetarians' but still ate fish. This year I finally got my dirty mitts on the recipe. Its a pretty basic dish, crab meat, shrimp, celery, onions, green peppers, and mayo with a cracker crumb crust.

I've made it twice so far. First time, it was excellent. This second time I added bay scallops because my theory is, the more seafood the better, and a touch of corn starch to thicken it up a bit.

Problem: The scallops weren't cooked, but everything else in there was (shrimp, crab). I figured I would be fine if I cooked it a little longer. Normally 30 min, I set it at 35.

I wasn't even close. I ended up cooking it for an hour and I 'think' the scallops are done. Lesson learned - cook the scallops BEFORE adding them to this dish.

Despite the scallop fiasco, it was SOOO good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should share